Friday, September 25, 2009

Bountiful, bountiful, bountiful land

It's been WAY TOO LONG since I last posted. I've been so busy with taking care of the garden and now with canning and freezing. It's almost done! As much as I love this I'm looking forward to just resting and EATING the canned/frozen products. Below are some pictures of the girls helping me.
Yory with some cucumbers. We only got about 25 quarts of pickles before our cucumber vines died one night. Very frustrating. Paulina with some dill.
Lily in pink peeling apples.


Maddy and the twins making salsa.



This is a quesadilla that Lily or Paulina made with the freshly made salsa.
SALSA!!!
Corn, cherry tomatoes, zucchini
Wild plums! We made plum jelly with these and plum sauce for ice cream.
We have our apple "source"!


2 comments:

OurCrazyFarm said...

What beautiful photos Laura! I love the aprons! We are still on the lookout for an apple tree, but otherwise most of our produce is done, too, for the season. It is a lot of work, but so worth the effort. Looks like you have lots of good helpers, too! Terri

Cedar Hill Chronicles said...

Hi Laura ~ long time since I've made the rounds of blogs. You've been as busy as I have been. Our garden is finally done. We just need to dig up the sweet potatoes tomorrow. Then begin the Fall tilling. We just got home end of last week after a 2 week visit to the Duluth, MN. area to visit our moms and other relatives.
Your girls aprons are so pretty and cheery! I'll be posting this via google account thought it won't link me to my new blog. Have had some Open ID issues to resolve and my son is still working on it. So before I sign off here I'll tell you that I moved from WordPress dot com to my own Wordpress domain my son gave me and he web hosts. You can find me at http://www.seedsofnutrition.com if you have been to it yet.
Take care....soon time to take a deep breath and rest up from the crazy garden season.
Pamela