Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Psalm 139:23-24

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

I finally got the courage up to pray that this morning. That is so hard to do sometimes, but I always am so glad when I am finished praying. He showed me what was wrong in my heart and thoughts. I already knew but had not yet apologized to Him. It is so good to be "cleansed". 1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Once saved always saved, but we sometimes (only sometimes????!!!! - ha!) continue to sin and need to go to our Father and apologize. He is FAITHFUL (unlike us) and JUST to FORGIVE US our sins! Thank God! If you haven't done this in awhile go to Jesus in prayer. Read your Bible out loud - it'll help you stay focused on Him. 1st or 2nd Peter are GREAT books to read though.

If anyone wants a great website where you can listen to some excellent speakers go to www.olivetreeviews.org. Go under the radio archives and you'll find many many speakers...

No comments: