Sunday, September 14, 2008

Patch the Pirate

Ahoy Mates!
Tonight was our Patch the Pirate program at our church. Our very good friends, Mark and Pam, did an excellent job all summer and the program was perfect. It was on Galations 5:22-23 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Lots of good songs and a great message! Thanks Mark and Pam! Oh - Yory sang a solo and I started to cry. I almost never cry in front of people but I just couldn't get a hold of myself. It was two years ago almost to the day that I brought her home from Ethiopia. We had just gotten here from Africa the night before the Patch Program. She fell asleep in the pew! And now, here we are two years later and she's singing a song about how to get saved. She sang "Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man (girl/boy) hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in..." Rev. 3:20a. It was precious... All of the kids did a great job!

No comments: