Saturday, August 30, 2008

Dog Days of Summer




We've been getting ready for tomorrow's big day. Three of my daughters are getting baptised at Lake Skonewood! I will be posting the pics after tomorrow, but today I'll put on a picture of the cake we ordered for this special occasion.


We've also been canning today (pickles) and freezing more corn. So far I think we have about 15 quarts done. Not nearly enough! Lots more to be done this coming week. The tomatoes are STARTING to turn red! Woo-hoo!!! We're going to have a ton of squash so I'll have to figure out what I can do with it as I've never "messed" with squash before. This is all so FUN! I've also posted a picture of our "canning shelf". Lots of raspberry jam left and we're just getting started with those pickles. The bottom shelf has a couple of jars of cinnamon flavored applesauce. I need to find a good source of apples as our trees aren't producing yet. It'll probably be a couple of years.


Ed's Grandma "B" isn't doing well. Yory and I went to visit her yesterday (she's in at the nursing home in Luck) and she didn't look good. I think she was aware of me but couldn't speak, so I read some Psalms to her. I think she liked that. Then some more of her relatives came, so Yory and I left. Ed saw her today, but she was sleeping. Pray for her please as I don't know how much time she has left.

Now Maddy would like to type a message to everyone...

Hi Everyone! (Aunt Leenie & Aunt Dawn)
I am so happy that Yory, Lily, & Paulina have decided to get baptized!
It is sure going to be a fun day for our family, and all the church members for that matter.

Helping Mom can has been fun this summer. Boy did we get a lot of raspberries!
We got like 47 quart jars of it, but it was sooooooooo good that we gobbled up a lot of it right away! We picked every day for about two weeks, (except for a break here and there), and all 7 of us that picked got almost full bowls each time we picked. That's a lot of berries.

I hope you all have a good Sunday tomorrow! -Maddy

P.S. We couldn't resist putting a picture of "the flying sausage" on the blog. She has been a great "help" in canning, yardwork, making beds, vacuuming, etc.!!! NOT.

No comments: